نام تاپيک: Chat room

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2015
    محل سكونت
    Khozestan
    پست ها

پيش فرض

hi everybody

does anyone here happen to have Serial Experiments Lain English subtitle ?

3. این کاربر از pro_translator بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده است

تاريخ عضويت
    Jun 2009
    محل سكونت
    mostly Tehran and sometimes Isfahan
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi guys
    i took a placement exam at an English institution and i remembered why i hate these institutions so much and why i never went to one

There was this guy, the interviewer, who could easily see that I'm proficient in English but he acted like I'm not good enough for their toefl classes and wanted me to attend another class to get ready for the toefl one

!he asked me some really general questions like "tell me about yourself", i introduced myself and he said that's it? that's not enough! then he asked me about my university and again i didn't have much to tell

"well i can't go on and on about myself or my university it doesn't mean that I'm not good with English, i just don't know what to say, so i asked him to be a little more specific with his questions, but he responded: "you can't pass unless you talk

!anyway he asked me some more questions and i think he was really trying to show that i don't know anything, that he's much better

i remember two things which he considered grammar mistakes, I'm not really good with grammar but I'm pretty sure about these ones

he asked me about my final exams and i said i think i was pretty good at this particular exam

and he said "was or were" and i was like: well of course "was" but he shook his head like I was wrong

then he asked me: what will you do if i give you 100 million

and my response was:if i had that much money i would go on a journey around the world
    and again he said "would"? are you sure about that? i wanted to say :"yea I'm effing sure" but i didn't

.so yea whenever i go to these institutions i come across some stupid guy that makes me hate the place in the first 10 minutes

i really had high hopes for this one but unfortunately it turned out to be like the rest of them

I don't know if it's just my luck or other people had similar experiences too, if you had please share your story it'll make me feel better about my luck

?p.s: i forgot to mention the guy accent, it was fake, pretentious, and really hard to understand, i wanted to tell him: what's with the accent? can't you talk like a normal person
    but I'm too polite to make this kind of remarks

تاريخ عضويت
    Jun 2008
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi guys
    i took a placement exam at an English institution and i remembered why i hate these institutions so much and why i never went to one

There was this guy, the interviewer, who could easily see that I'm proficient in English but he acted like I'm not good enough for their toefl classes and wanted me to attend another class to get ready for the toefl one

!he asked me some really general questions like "tell me about yourself", i introduced myself and he said that's it? that's not enough! then he asked me about my university and again i didn't have much to tell

"well i can't go on and on about myself or my university it doesn't mean that I'm not good with English, i just don't know what to say, so i asked him to be a little more specific with his questions, but he responded: "you can't pass unless you talk

!anyway he asked me some more questions and i think he was really trying to show that i don't know anything, that he's much better

i remember two things which he considered grammar mistakes, I'm not really good with grammar but I'm pretty sure about these ones

he asked me about my final exams and i said i think i was pretty good at this particular exam

and he said "was or were" and i was like: well of course "was" but he shook his head like I was wrong

and my response was:if i had that much money i would go on a journey around the world
    and again he said "would"? are you sure about that? i wanted to say :"yea I'm effing sure" but i didn't

.so yea whenever i go to these institutions i come across some stupid guy that makes me hate the place in the first 10 minutes

i really had high hopes for this one but unfortunately it turned out to be like the rest of them

I don't know if it's just my luck or other people had similar experiences too, if you had please share your story it'll make me feel better about my luck

?p.s: i forgot to mention the guy accent, it was fake, pretentious, and really hard to understand, i wanted to tell him: what's with the accent? can't you talk like a normal person
    Actually it does mean that you are good or not...

If you stop talking or don't talk much, how is the guy supposed to know if you can't talk or you just don't have anything to talk about؟

That's the thing with these exams... You have to show them that you can talk as long as you want so that they can assess your grammar and speaking in practice...

That's why many people prepare answers for general questions like this one so that they can talk...

You should never stop talking unless the guy interrupts you... That indicates your level of proficiency...

Talking shows your conversation skills, your vocabulary, your grammar, your speaking and pronunciation...

That's how they figure out if you're any good or not...

This was my mistake, too... I didn't talk much and scored 11 out of 20 the first time I took a placement exam!
    Last edited by pro_translator; 01-07-2015 at 11:35.

6. 2 کاربر از pro_translator بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده اند

اگه نباشه جاش خالی می مونه roham_06's Avatar
    تاريخ عضويت
    Jun 2007
    محل سكونت
    تهران
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Hi guys

Hello

this problem also can be seen in ielts exam because , unfortunately, its examiners are nowadays iranian guys who think they are god in english. when they meet somebody who acts really perfect in english skills , they jealously try to show that he/she is not good .
    in your case, two reasons can be considered. firstly, such institution , just try to keep their business. so , they want only to fill empty classes. for instance, if you are a upper-intermediate student but because of the fact that intermediate class need one student to be full, they say that you are intermediate. secondly, as I mentioned in the first paragraph, they are jealous , they do not have an eye to see someone who speaks english good.

8. 2 کاربر از roham_06 بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده اند

تاريخ عضويت
    May 2015
    محل سكونت
    Khozestan
    پست ها

تاريخ عضويت
    Jun 2009
    محل سكونت
    mostly Tehran and sometimes Isfahan
    پست ها

پيش فرض

Actually it does mean that you are good or not...

If you stop talking or don't talk much, how is the guy supposed to know if you can't talk or you just don't have anything to talk about؟

That's the thing with these exams... You have to show them that you can talk as long as you want so that they can assess your grammar and speaking in practice...

That's why many people prepare answers for general questions like this one so that they can talk...

You should never stop talking unless the guy interrupts you... That indicates your level of proficiency...

Talking shows your conversation skills, your vocabulary, your grammar, your speaking and pronunciation...

That's how they figure out if you're any good or not...
    This was my mistake, too... I didn't talk much and scored 11 out of 20 the first time I took a placement exam!
    I know that's why i kept our conversation going for 15 minutes so i prove to him i can use English, actually if he asked me about a movie or TV series or an anime that i like, i could talk for an hour but my university? or myself? well they're not my
    favorite topics.

Hello

this problem also can be seen in ielts exam because , unfortunately, its examiners are nowadays iranian guys who think they are god in english. when they meet somebody who acts really perfect in english skills , they jealously try to show that he/she is not good .
    in your case, two reasons can be considered. firstly, such institution , just try to keep their business. so , they want only to fill empty classes. for instance, if you are a upper-intermediate student but because of the fact that intermediate class need one student to be full, they say that you are intermediate. secondly, as I mentioned in the first paragraph, they are jealous , they do not have an eye to see someone who speaks english good.

My professor apparently was an ielts examiner, he's the kind of guy who always says: "no you're not quite right" and tries to give a better answer than you and sometimes he just paraphrases your answer and says you should say it like this
    (i hope he doesn't see this cause if he does I'll get a zero next semester from him)

and i think you're right cuz nobody was signing for the toefl classes and i wasn't even sure if they had them i was accepted for the passages two class, i took a look at its book and i can say i knew it all, so attending that class was a complete waste of time for me
    Last edited by farzan311; 01-07-2015 at 14:35.

11. این کاربر از farzan311 بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده است

تاريخ عضويت
    Sep 2007
    محل سكونت
    تورنتــو
    پست ها

پيش فرض

hey guys, how r u doing ?! btw guys, are you into applications ? What's yr fav app ? These days wherever you go, you hear people talking about telegram, instagram and stuff like that, even elderly ones. how about you ? r u considered an addict ?! with SCYTHE and Pro_translator, animes come first I believe i

15. این کاربر از sepid12ir بخاطر این مطلب مفید تشکر کرده است

Thread Information